Listen to the Planned Parenthood New York employee admit they abort babies that are 6 months old or 24 weeks’
Here they admit killing babies 23 weeks
Listen to the Planned Parenthood New York employee admit they abort babies that are 6 months old or 24 weeks’
Here they admit killing babies 23 weeks
Pro-life group Live Action has just gone public with the first video from its latest undercover investigation: sex-selective abortions.
This first sting was conducted at a Planned Parenthood in Texas.
AUSTIN, May 29 – Today, Live Action released a new undercover video showing a Planned Parenthood abortion clinic in Austin, TX encouraging a woman to obtain a late-term abortion because she was purportedly carrying a girl and wanted to have a boy. The video is first in a new series titled “Gendercide: Sex-Selection in America,” exposing the practice of sex-selective abortion in the United States and how Planned Parenthood and the rest of the abortion industry facilitate the selective elimination of baby girls in the womb.
“I see that you’re saying that you want to terminate if it’s a girl, so are you just wanting to continue the pregnancy in the meantime?” a counselor named “Rebecca” offers the woman, who is purportedly still in her first trimester and cannot be certain about the gender. “The abortion covers you up until 23 weeks,” explains Rebecca, “and usually at 5 months is usually (sic) when they detect, you know, whether or not it’s a boy or a girl.” Doctors agree that the later in term a doctor performs an abortion, the greater the risk of complications.
The Planned Parenthood staffer suggests that the woman get on Medicaid in order to pay for an ultrasound to determine the gender of her baby, even though she plans to use the knowledge for an elective abortion. She also tells the woman to “just continue and try again” for the desired gender after aborting a girl, and adds, “Good luck, and I hope that you do get your boy.”
“The search-and-destroy targeting of baby girls through prenatal testing and abortion is a pandemic that is spreading across the globe,” notes Lila Rose, founder and president of Live Action. “Research proves that sex-selective abortion has now come to America. The abortion industry, led by Planned Parenthood, is a willing participant.”
Six studies in the past four years indicate that there are thousands of “missing girls” in the U.S., many from sex-selective abortion. The U.K., India, Australia, and other countries ban sex-selective abortion, but the U.S., save for three states, does not. On Wednesday, Congress will debate the Prenatal Non-Discrimination Act (PRENDA), which would ban sex-selective abortions nationally.
“Planned Parenthood and their ruthless abortion-first mentality is the real ‘war on women’,” says Rose. “Sex-selective abortion is gender discrimination with lethal consequences for little girls.”
The complete, unedited video and transcript can be viewed at http://www.ProtectOurGirls.com, a hub of research and information on sex-selective abortions.
This report below is from the Huffington Post who are very pro-abortion, they failed to metion that recently investigators within the UK showed that sex selection abortions there were widespread…but….we will tell you the full story !
Planned Parenthood Worried It’s The Target Of New Undercover Sting
Posted: 04/23/2012 3:16 pm
A string of suspicious incidents at Planned Parenthood clinics across the country has given the organization reason to believe that anti-abortion activists are targeting it in a new organized sting operation.
According to Planned Parenthood spokesperson Chloe Cooney, and Leslie Cantor clinics in at least 11 states have reported two dozen or more “hoax visits” over the past several weeks, in which a woman walks into a clinic, claims to be pregnant and asks a particular pattern of provocative questions about sex-selective abortions, such as how soon she can find out the gender of the fetus, by what means and whether she can schedule an abortion if she’s having a girl.
The statement, written by Leslie Kantor and Dr Carolyn Westoff, of Planned Parenthood of America, said that more recently, one group has escalated these visits in many states.
“We anticipate that this group, likely in coordination with a broad range of anti-abortion leaders, will soon launch a propaganda campaign with the goal of discrediting Planned Parenthood, and, ultimately, furthering legislation that blocks access to basic reproductive healthcare, including birth control,” the statement said.
“We can expect this propaganda campaign to further escalate the political battles over access to healthcare, rather than focus on the best ways to help women and their families get the care they need.”
While patient privacy laws prohibit Planned Parenthood from offering specific details about the visits and where they occurred, Cooney told The Huffington Post that the incidents are so unusual and so similar to each other that they have raised concerns among the organization’s executives that the visits are being recorded as part of a concerted anti-Planned Parenthood campaign.
“For years opponents of reproductive health and Planned Parenthood have engaged in secret videotaping tactics with fictitious patient scenarios and selective editing in an attempt to promote misinformation about Planned Parenthood and our services,” Cooney said. “As with the prior instances, we anticipate that once again this group, likely in coordination with a broad range of anti-abortion leaders, will soon launch a propaganda campaign with the goal of discrediting Planned Parenthood, and, ultimately, restricting women’s health.”
The most likely group behind the campaign, Planned Parenthood suspects, is anti-abortion activist group Live Action, Read Rest Here
According to the UK Telegraph:
A former medical director of the country’s largest abortion provider said it was “well known” that women were terminating pregnancies because of the gender of the child and that he had been asked by women to arrange the procedure for this reason.
Abortion investigation: Chief Medical Officer writes to all abortion clinics to remind them of law
Abortion giant to face congressional scrutiny
Charlie Butts – OneNewsNow – 9/28/2011 9:45:00 AM
Planned Parenthood will face an investigation by a House committee over alleged abuses that have come to light as the result of undercover investigations by the pro-life groups Live Action and Life Dynamics over the past dozen years.
Congressman Cliff Stearns (R-Florida), head of the Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations for the House Energy and Commerce Committee, has called on the abortion giant to produce 13 years of records related to alleged abuses — specifically “its use of federal funding and its compliance with federal restrictions on the funding of abortion.” Planned Parenthood, in response, calls Stearns’ investigation “politically motivated,” “ideologically driven,” and a “misuse of political power.”
National Right to Life Committee executive director David O’Steen notes that Planned Parenthood receives several hundred million tax dollars each year.
“We’ve seen a pattern [that] as their funding increases, the number of abortions they provide are increasing,” he shares. “And of course there have been allegations of other practices at their clinics that do warrant investigation. So I certainly think it’s warranted.”
O’Steen also points out that Planned Parenthood is a very political organization.
“They’re a major supporter of pro-abortion Democratic candidates. They are very, very close to President Obama [and] a major supporter of his,” he offers. “And again, that raises the question: hundreds of millions of dollars are going into this very political organization that’s really part of the overall support network for the pro-abortion Democratic establishment.”
In their undercover investigations, Life Dynamics and Live Action found what they consider to be firm evidence of illegal activities.
Lila Rose of Live Action tells OneNewsNow: “We have documented all kinds of abuse in the serial cover-up of the sexual abuse of minors, the willingness to aid and abet in trafficking, the willingness to perform rape-safe abortions, [and] the willingness to manipulate and coerce women into abortions, as well as many fraudulent and other dealings that the organization is involved with.” (Listen to audio report)
Rose, whose group has been investigating Planned Parenthood for five years, says it is not only time for a thorough investigation, but also time to bring to justice those responsible for any crimes that have been committed.
“For Congress to take this step is a historic moment. It’s also a necessary step that should have been taken long ago,” she tells OneNewsNow. “But we’re happy that they’re taking it now because it’s time for the American people to realize the truth about what’s happening at their abortion giant that’s being funded through federal and state dollars.”
Live Action will be cooperating with the congressional panel in making available all of the evidence it has gathered through its undercover investigations.
Tapes show hundreds of Planned Parenthood, NAF clinics covering up sex abuse
by Kathleen Gilbert
• Wed Apr 13, 2011 15:06 EST
April 13, 2011 (LifeSiteNews.com) – The pro-life group behind a nationwide survey of Planned Parenthood and National Abortion Federation (NAF) clinics in 2002 has made available never-before-published raw audio and transcripts of hundreds of investigative phone calls that they say prove the abortion industry’s widespread complicity with sexual abuse of minors, in violation of state laws.
In an effort similar to the widely publicized work of undercover pro-life group Live Action Films, Life Dynamics nine years ago identified 906 U.S. facilities affiliated with either Planned Parenthood or NAF. Of these, the group was unable to contact 93, but launched a comprehensive investigation of the other 813 by having an actor pose as a 13-year-old caller asking for an abortion to cover up a pregnancy caused by a 22-year-old “boyfriend.”
In many of the calls uploaded this week by Life Dynamics, the investigator was coached by clinic employees how to avoid detection by parents or authorities, encouraged to conceal the boyfriend’s age, and told to lie about names and addresses. In other calls, clinic workers reassure the girl that the facility will not report abuse, while many abused the judicial bypass process in states where parental notification was required for an abortion.
“[Judicial bypass] is being automatically suggested to any underage girl who simply doesn’t want to tell her parents for any reason whatsoever or for no reason whatsoever. In the case of our caller, this was true despite the fact that she never said anything to indicate that her parents would become abusive or violent over this situation,” reported the group.
“We don’t need to know how old your boyfriend is first of all because it sounds like we would have to report it, ” said a clinic worker at the Planned Parenthood in San Luis Obispo, CA, when confronted with the boyfriend’s age.
“What do you mean report it? Who would you have to report it to?” the caller asked. “Because he’s over 18 and you’re 14. So as long as you don’t tell us, everything’s fine,” said the worker.
A worker at the Potomac Family Planning Center in Rockville, MD, asked the girl, “Do you look 14?” and admitted, “I hate to say this, but we don’t ask for identification, so whatever someone puts down on their age is what we go by.”
The group’s findings largely correspond to conversations recorded undercover and published by Live Action Films, whose investigators were told by abortion clinic workers in multiple states how to avoid parental consent laws, how to lie about the age of their sexual abuser, and even how to attain abortion and other services for illegally-trafficked underage prostitutes.
Life Dynamics notes, “All 50 states have statutes in place mandating that any healthcare worker must report reasonable suspicions of child sexual abuse to a designated law enforcement or child protective services agency.”
The group also points out that a girl as young as thirteen is not legally capable of giving consent for sexual activity, making the girl’s case sexual abuse by default.
“An analogy is the situation in which someone is brought into a hospital emergency room with a gunshot wound. The circumstances of this incident may or may not be criminal, but it is not the healthcare worker’s place to make that determination,” the group explained. “His or her only role is to report the incident to the authorities and this duty does not change regardless of what the patient says. The same thing applies here.”
When the information was first released, opponents said the tapes exposed only a few rogue employees and that the phone calls only indicate that workers would say whatever was necessary to get the girl to come into the clinic, where more information would be gathered. Life Dynamics called the allegations “farfetched.”
While 10 percent of the facilities seemed to comply with the law and sought to learn more about the girl’s situation, Life Dyanmis said, “when you listen to the other 90 percent, what you find is that virtually nothing is said that could even be remotely construed as an attempt to get the girl to the facility so a report could be made. In fact, almost everything that was said during those conversations would work against that objective.”
Click here to access all audio files and transcripts from the 2002 investigation.
All 50 states have statutes in place mandating that any healthcare worker must report reasonable suspicions of child sexual abuse to a designated law enforcement or child protective services agency.
In February and March of 2002, Life Dynamics conducted a nationwide undercover phone survey of Planned Parenthood and National Abortion Federation facilities. Our goal was to document their level of compliance with these state-mandated reporting statutes. This was not a random survey but a universal one. We identified 906 facilities in the U.S. as being associated with one or both of these organizations and we attempted to contact each one. Some were no longer in operation and others used one appointment line to service multiple facilities. In the end we were able to contact representatives of 813 of the original 906, including facilities in every state except Mississippi.
Our caller portrayed a 13-year-old girl who was pregnant by a 22-year-old man and wanting an abortion in order to conceal this sexual relationship from her parents and the authorities. In every call the ages of both the girl and the man she was involved with were introduced into the conversation and, in virtually every case, repeated at least once. Additionally, the caller never said anything to suggest that her parents would become violent or abusive if they discovered her sexual activity. It was always made clear that the motivation for the abortion was to conceal this sexual activity.
To document our investigation we made recordings of all 813 calls. (In Texas it is legal to record telephone conversations as long as one party to the conversation is aware of the recording.) Included here are the actual recordings of these calls accompanied by written transcripts. In order to accurately evaluate them, it is essential to understand the following principles:
(1) Because underage girls are not legally capable of giving consent for sexual activity, any sexual activity by an underage girl is, by definition, without her consent. On its face, that is reasonable suspicion of child sexual abuse.
(2) Seeking an abortion, pregnancy test, birth control (condoms, pills, etc.), or treatment for a sexually transmitted disease (STD) is evidence of sexual activity. Therefore, whenever any of these services are sought by a minor, a reasonable suspicion of child sexual abuse is created and the state-mandated reporting requirement is triggered.
(3) The responsibility for determining whether the circumstances of a child’s sexual activity are criminal or not lies solely with the state. Healthcare workers have no legal authority to investigate the incident, make assumptions about it, or draw conclusions about it. Therefore, anything the girl or anyone accompanying her (including parents, guardians, or relatives) says about the situation is totally unrelated to the healthcare worker’s legal obligation under the reporting statute. An analogy is the situation in which someone is brought into a hospital emergency room with a gunshot wound. The circumstances of this incident may or may not be criminal, but it is not the healthcare worker’s place to make that determination. His or her only role is to report the incident to the authorities and this duty does not change regardless of what the patient says. The same thing applies here.
(4) Patient confidentiality and the physician-patient privilege are irrelevant because (a) physicians are legally immune from civil or criminal penalties for violating patient confidentiality or the physician-patient privilege when they report suspicions of child sexual abuse, and (b) the authorities can investigate reported suspicions of child sexual abuse by speaking to the victim and other witnesses without the physician being involved. (These principles are well known among abortion providers. At Life Dynamics, we have a recording of Planned Parenthood’s corporate legal counsel advising a national convention of their affiliates that the obligation to comply with mandated reporting laws supercedes patient confidentiality in every state and in every circumstance.) It should also be remembered that law enforcement entities routinely secure patient medical records when conducting investigations involving possible illegal activities at nursing homes, Medicare and Medicaid violations, insurance fraud, etc.
(5) The fact that a minor girl may be lawfully allowed to secure an abortion, pregnancy test, birth control, or STD treatment without parental knowledge is unrelated to mandatory reporting. Remember, mandatory reporting deals with reports made to the state not to parents. In effect, a healthcare worker’s duty to a minor child or that child’s parents is a separate issue from their duty to the state.
(6) A healthcare worker’s duty to report to the state about the possible sexual abuse of a child does not prevent, interfere with or even delay that child’s ability to access these services since, in virtually every case, the report will not be made until after the service has been rendered. Again, the only relevant issue is that, when a minor seeks these services, that is evidence of sexual activity by someone who is not old enough to consent to sexual activity. At that point, a reasonable suspicion of child sexual abuse exists and, once that legal threshold is crossed, a report to the state is mandated.
In evaluating these calls, be aware of conversations in which the caller was:
* given advise on how to avoid detection by parents or authorities
* told what she should say or not say when she came to the clinic
* encouraged to lie about or conceal her age or her boyfriend’s age
* told to give fictitious names, phone numbers or address
* instructed to be more careful about what information she gave out and to whom
* ignored or interrupted when introducing her age or the age of her boyfriend
* warned that if someone found out about this situation her boyfriend could go to jail
* told to go elsewhere because she had already provided them too much information
* told that the ages of the parties involved are irrelevant
* told that the facility has no interest in her age or the age of her partner
* told that they do not verify ages or check IDs and would accept what she told them
* told to just keep her mouth shut at the clinic and no one would ask any questions
Sometimes, the misdeeds of the facility are purposely subtle. In addition to the issues already mentioned, be on alert for calls in which:
* after identifying the situation as illegal and/or statutory rape, the clinic worker subsequently agrees that the facility will conceal the crime
* after saying that they are “technically” or “legally” required to report this situation to the state, the clinic worker reassures the caller that the facility will not report
* after identifying the situation as illegal and/or statutory rape, the clinic worker agrees to facilitate the ongoing criminal activity by providing birth control without making a report; our caller is often told that her boyfriend can come with her to pick up the birth control or that he can even pick it up without her being there; in other words, despite having evidence that a sexual crime is being committed against a 13-year-old child, they are willing to conspire with the perpetrator to cover-up the crime and then offer to provide him the means by which he can continue the abuse (birth control with no report)
* the clinic worker initially expresses concern for the child, and may even suggest parental involvement, but in the end agrees to violate the law and conceal the situation
* the clinic worker handles the call like a matter of routine, clearly indicating that the clinic encounters this situation frequently, and that they deal with it by ignoring the mandated reporting laws; one example of this are those calls in which this girl’s circumstances appear to have little or no impact on the clinic worker’s response
* there is no response to the danger that the child is in, even though the facts of a statutory rape are clearly presented
* the child’s dilemma is not addressed, with the sale of the service obviously being the clinic worker’s paramount concern
* statements such as, “The way we handle these cases is …” signal that (a) the situation is common, and (b) the clinic worker is stating clinic policy not her own personal approach (this is especially relevant when the clinic worker puts the call on hold, conferred with someone else, then came back and agreed to conceal the situation)
* the failure to report is justified by making it sound as though it is in the best interest of the child to “keep all this confidential”
* the failure to report is justified by demeaning or discounting the influence of parents or the authorities
* statements by the clinic worker are carefully worded in order to insulate them against claims of failing to report
* even among clinic workers who display discomfort or concern with the situation, they continue to sell the service
* when confronted with the dilemma of reporting, they advise the girl to go to another facility and then advise her what to say or not say at that facility in order to work around the reporting requirement
In states with parental involvement legislation in place, abortion proponents always justify the need for a judicial bypass option in order to address the so-called “hard cases” in which minors will be abused if forced to inform their parents about their pregnancies. However, our investigation documented that this is not the way it is actually being used. Instead, it is being automatically suggested to any underage girl who simply doesn’t want to tell her parents for any reason whatsoever or for no reason whatsoever. In the case of our caller, this was true despite the fact that she never said anything to indicate that her parents would become abusive or violent over this situation. And remember, in this specific incident, judicial bypass was not being introduced as a way to keep the child from being abused in the future, it was being introduced as a way to cover-up the fact that the child was already being abused.
If you are in a state with parental consent legislation, be aware of situations in which the caller was:
* told about judicial bypass at the moment she stated that she didn’t want to tell her parents and before she had given any legitimate reason why she didn’t want to tell them
* reassured about how quick and simple the judicial bypass process was
* advised that, during the judicial bypass hearing, it would be best not to mention the age of the person who got her pregnant or lie to the judge if he asked about it
* advised to go to another city where the judges are “more cooperative” with judicial bypass
* given specific advise for circumventing parental involvement legislation such as letting her boyfriend or another adult take her out of state without her parents knowing about it
When we began releasing this information to the public, some of our opponents said that all we uncovered was a few rogue employees who were operating outside of Planned Parenthood or National Abortion Federation guidelines. Remember, however, that this was not a random survey but a universal one. We called every Planned Parenthood and National Abortion Federation facility in the country and made contact with almost every one. Under those circumstances, it is preposterous to suggest that when 90 percent do one thing and 10 percent do the opposite, it is the 90 percent who are in violation of the organization’s accepted and normal standards of behavior. The only logical conclusion is that the responses we received are the standard policy and practice of these organizations.
Another contention made by these groups is that our investigation simply reflects the fact that when their counselors have a sexually active underage girl on the phone they say whatever is necessary to get her into the clinic. The claim is that once she’s actually at the facility they will report her regardless of what they told her over the phone.
Anyone who listens to the tapes of these calls will find that assertion just as farfetched as the one about rouge employees. It is true that almost 10 percent of the Planned Parenthood and National Abortion Federation facilities we surveyed said they would obey the mandatory reporting laws, and in those conversations there were times when it appeared that the counselor was indeed trying to either lure the caller into the facility or get enough information to make a report. However, when you listen to the other 90 percent, what you find is that virtually nothing is said that could even be remotely construed as an attempt to get the girl to the facility so a report could be made. In fact, almost everything that was said during those conversations would work against that objective.
That was especially apparent in calls where they suggested practical steps for her to take that would effectively eliminate any possibility of a report being filed. For example, there are calls in which they said it would be best for her to lie about her age, name or address when she came to the clinic. Some employees went so far as to reassure her that the clinic does not check IDs or verify ages. Sometimes, while she would be giving details about her situation, the counselor would interrupt and tell her not to say anymore or repeat that information. Others told her that she had already revealed too much for their clinic to be able to help her and suggested that she go to another facility and not give them so much information.
Obviously, none of this is the kind of rhetoric someone would use if they were earnestly trying to get this girl into their clinic to make a report. Instead, it was clear that what they were doing is giving her a “heads-up” and some of these counselors actually made that very point during the call.
Listen to the Tapes- Click Here
Planned Parenthood official gets jailed on charges of stealing wine from Roanoke Co. store
An executive for Planned Parenthood has been ordered to serve three weekends in jail on charges of stealing wine from a Roanoke County grocery store.
David Nova, vice president of Planned Parenthood Health Systems in Roanoke, was charged earlier this year with three counts of petit larceny. The charges stem from bottles of wine Nova took through a self-checkout line at the Cave Spring Kroger. The incidents occurred on two separate dates in January, according to online court records.
As part of an agreement reached in Roanoke County General District Court last week, Nova was not convicted. The case was continued for a year, with the understanding the charges will be dismissed after Nova completes his jail time and avoids further charges.
“This was an intensely personal matter for David that was not at all related to his work” for Planned Parenthood, said Nova’s attorney, John Lichtenstein.
David Nova, Vice President of Planned Parenthood Health Systems, Inc., was ordered by a judge last week to serve three weekends in the Roanoke County Jail.
Nova is accused of stealing wine from a Kroger on BrambletonAve. on two separate dates in January. Nova was arrested in May on three counts of petit larceny.
The jail confirms Nova reported there last weekend.
If Nova serves his time and stays on good behavior, the misdemeanor charges will be dropped in 12 months.
State Police tell us the trooper working the case was told he did not need to report for Nova’s court date last week.
Nova, who has repeatedly done interviews with WSLS in the past, did not return our calls.
Nova is known for defending Planned Parenthood after undercover investigations of Planned Parenthood centers helping alleged sex traffickers obtain abortions for minor girls, were uncovered by Live Action.
As Life News reported:
On January 11, Live Action conducted an undercover investigation of the Charlottesville, Virginia Planned Parenthood clinic. The undercover reporter posed as a man who ran an international child sex ring and inquired about getting sexual health services for the girls he manages that were as young as 14. The investigation was to test whether Planned Parenthood would promptly report the suspected sex ring to law enforcement.
On February 4, David Nova, vice president for Planned Parenthood Health Systems Inc, told the News Virginian that “police were notified after the man left.” http://www2.newsvirginian.com/news/2011/feb/04/anti-abortion-group-releases-more-va-videos-ar-820956/
“The employees on these edited tapes in Roanoke and Charlottesville acted professionally in their interactions with the fake patient,” Nova said in a released statement. “In both cases, they promptly reported the incidents to their supervisors.”
David Nova, vice president for Planned Parenthood Health Systems Inc., said workers in the Albemarle and Roanoke offices did their jobs and acted appropriately. He said in both cases, police were notified after the man left.
REALLY????????? WHOSE BEEN CAUGHT NOW DAVID ????????
I have to admit that watching Abby Johnson admit she turned a blind eye to these girls in her abortion clinic at Planned Parenthood , the same way Planned Parenthood did on the Live Action videos where a pimp went in and asked for abortions for underage sex workers, really turns my stomach. I don’t care if she is now “pro-life” I despise anyone doing that – it is just sick and I question her entire story ! I hope she has turned over all her “evidence” about Planned Parenthood’s criminal behavior to the authorities !!!! If not, then how can she say she cares for children? Does anyone else feel this way ?????
Here is the exchange:
“It happens all the time, it happened at my clinic,” said Abby Johnson, the former director of a Planned Parenthood clinic in Bryan, Texas, on the O’Reilly Factor Friday night. Johnson converted to the pro-life cause from the abortion business after witnessing an ultrasound-guided abortion of a 13-week-old unborn baby in October 2009.
“You let it happen?” O’Reilly challenged, to which Johnson replied, “Absolutely. I let it happen.” She suggested that Planned Parenthood workers may not even realize what they are doing because of their employer’s philosophy of sexual “tolerance.”
“Planned Parenthood has created this idea of tolerance,” she explained. “They want to tolerate all these lifestyles, and all these different walks of life for their clients; they forget to protect their clients. They forget to protect these minors that are being abused by pimps and being abused by older men. They forget to protect these women that they’re there to help.”
Then later this YouTube message was up loaded…Perhaps she is trying to cleanse her conscience ?
GUAM: Violence alleged in trafficking case trial
By Laura Matthews • Pacific Daily News • February 12, 2011
Verbal and physical abuse and forced abortion were some of the allegations brought up yesterday against a defendant in a sex trafficking case that’s been ongoing in federal court all week.
Family members and former employees continue to testify that Blue House Lounge Owner Song Ja Cha not only allegedly forced teenage girls to offer sexual favors in her establishment, but also allegedly beat them, called them degrading names and had at least one girl get an abortion.
Former Blue House Lounge employee Saknin Weria took the stand yesterday and told jurors that she got pregnant by a customer at the Blue House Lounge and then left. And although she’s able to raise her child, others weren’t as fortunate.
Weria recalled a coworker’s pregnancy and said Song Ja Cha, whom they called “Mama San” or “Mamasan,” allegedly wanted her to get rid of it.
Weria said the girl was allegedly forced to drink Pine-Sol, Clorox bleach, and they “jump on the stomach, do anything” to prevent that baby from being born.
When that didn’t kill the baby, Weria said Song Ja Cha took the girl to a clinic for an abortion.
The experience affected the girl, Weria told jurors during direct examination.
“She was just, I don’t know. She didn’t talk to any of us,” Weria said. “She was scared of Mama San, so she wanted to get rid of the baby.”
Weria pleaded guilty to conspiracy in May 2008, according to a plea agreement filed in court May 20, 2008.
Weria and other witnesses have testified that women were told to have sex with customers at the Blue House Lounge, and those who didn’t comply would be physically abused or had food withheld from them.
Girls who didn’t look beautiful enough were called names, according to witnesses.
Song Ja Cha is accused of trafficking women from Chuuk and using them as prostitutes in her business. She is facing 20 counts of charges that include conspiracy, sex trafficking and coercion, and enticement to travel for purpose of prostitution, according to an indictment filed with the court.
A ruling from the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals last year reaffirmed a Hawaii federal court decision to put a lid on evidence of alleged sex trafficking that was seized from the Blue House Lounge in Tamuning in January 2008, according to Pacific Daily News files.
Substantial evidence taken from the suspected brothel more than two years ago was suppressed because of a pervasive “nonchalant attitude” and slow work in the Guam Police Department, according to the ruling.
This story comes on the heels of a recent serious of undercover tapes reveal that Planned Parenthood would be willing to assist pimps with abortions even when they admit they are trafficking in underage sex workers: