Arrested ‘pro-choice terrorist’ a survivor of feminist mom’s four abortions
by Peter Smith
• Thu Mar 03, 2011 18:48 EST
WASHINGTON, D.C., March 3, 2011 (LifeSiteNews.com) – New information has come to light that Theodore Shulman, a self-described “pro-choice terrorist” who was arrested last week by federal agents in a possible connection to death threats against pro-life leaders, has four siblings that were aborted by his mother, a feminist authoress and political activist.
AOL’s Politics Daily reports that Shulman, 49, charged by the Federal Bureau of Investigation in a case under seal, is the son of feminist activist Alix Kates Shulman. His mother wrote the 1972 sex-novel Memoirs of an Ex-Prom Queen and has stated that each of her four abortions were deliberate – “not one was the result of carelessness.”
Pro-life blogger Jill Stanek says that Theodore has spoken of his aborted siblings, saying his mother aborted two unborn children before his birth, and then aborted two more afterward.
According to Politics Daily, Shulman liked to style himself as the “first pro-choice terrorist” and even had a blog called “Operation Counterstrike.” His mission statement was: “Right-to-lifism is murder, and ALL right-to-lifers are bloody-handed accessories. Swear it, believe it, proclaim it, and act on it.”
His targets included Stanek; Robert P. George, Princeton philosopher; Priests for Life founder, Fr. Frank Pavone; Bryan Kemper of Stand True Ministries; pro-life scientist Gerard Nadal, and others.
Politics Daily reports that Stanek had compiled 4,000 comments over four years that Shulman had posted on Stanek’s blog, including this one: “I’m looking forward to watching a documentary entitled ‘The Assassination of Jill Stanek.’”
Theodore Shulman, 49, has frequently harassed Operation Rescue’s Cheryl Sullenger, recently threatening in a voice mail that Sullenger should “convert” to pro-choice “during the few months you have left on this earth,” or else “you will go to hell and burn.”
Upon the death of pro-life leader Dr. Bernard Nathanson, Shulman wrote, “Unfortunately, he died in his bed. He was not killed by a pro-choice counterterrorist. Too bad, he would have been a most effective target.”
Shulman is charged with communicating interstate threats against two pro-lifers and is currently being held without bond at Metropolitan Correctional Center (MCC) in New York City, a Federal holding facility.
Although the complaint against Shulman was filed under seal, Operation Rescue says they have been informed that the case involved two pro-life activists who are simply referred to as Victim 1 and Victim 2 in order to protect their safety.
Shulman is also the object of a Federal investigation in Wichita, Kansas, which could result in additional charges being filed against him for making serious death threats against Operation Rescue staff members.
* Written by Operation Rescue
* Posted at 12:49 pm
New York, New York – The Federal Bureau of Investigation arrested abortion supporter Theodore Shulman, 49, yesterday and charged him with communicating interstate threats against two pro-life activists. He is currently being held without bond at Metropolitan Correctional Center (MCC) in New York City, a Federal holding facility.
While the complaint against Shulman was filed under seal, Operation Rescue has been informed that the case involved two pro-life activists who are simply referred to as Victim 1 and Victim 2. Opertion Rescue is withholding the identities of the victims in order to protect their safety.
In addition to the two victims listed in the Federal complaint, Operation Rescue’s Troy Newman and Cheryl Sullenger, as well as blogger Jill Stanek and speaker/activist Bryan Kemper of Stand True have also been the brunt of Shulman’s threats. Shulman hounded Sullenger, in particular, over a two year time-span. He ran a blog site under the name “Operation Counterstrike” that fomented hatred and attempted to encourage “pro-choice” supporters to murder pro-lifer activists.
Shulman is also the object of a Federal investigation in Wichita, Kansas, which could result in additional charges being filed against Shulman for making serious death threats against Operation Rescue staff members.
“This is a huge relief to us that Ted Shulman is behind bars where he belongs,” said Sullenger. “He often posted threatening comments to our web site and called me on my cell phone too many times to count. He was always brazen in his threats and openly identified himself, telling us not to bother calling the FBI because they would never do anything for us. Thankfully, he was wrong about that, and we hope that, in addition to his New York charges, he will also be charged in Kansas.”
“We continue to work with the FBI on the Shulman case and on other cases of death threats we have received. We take every threat seriously and have taken extra security precautions to insure our safety.
Threats to Operation Rescue have increased in recent weeks after MSNBC talk show host Rachel Maddow repeatedly targeted the group by airing inaccurate and inflammatory information that has incited the threats against Operation Rescue staff members’ lives.