An analysis of annual reports published by Planned Parenthood for the past 15 years has revealed that as government funding for the organization increased, Planned Parenthood’s share of the country’s abortions also increased. Since 2000, Planned Parenthood has performed over four million abortions and received almost $5 billion in federal tax dollars.
Archive for the Planned Parenthood adoption referral Category
The latest Planned Parenthood annual report has been released and shows that while abortions performed by Planned Parenthood only fell by 1%, government funding increased 5% to over $151 million dollars a day in federal tax monies to Planned Parenthood annually. In addition, the report indicates that Planned Parenthood’s abortions outnumber adoption referrals by 160 to 1.
In the 2014-2015 annual report, Planned Parenthood records performing 323,999 abortions their last fiscal year. This number is slightly lower than they reported a year prior. In that 2013-2014 annual report the number of abortions Planned Parenthood reported performing was 327,653 a decrease of 3,654 abortions.
While Planned Parenthood claims their numbers represent all abortions they performed, the report indicates that they also gave out 931,589 “emergency contraception kits.” Emergency contraception is thought by many to be abortive because they often prevent the embryo from attaching to the lining of the uterus after conception.
Although Planned Parenthood reports performing 323,999 abortions, they recorded referring only 2,024 women for adoption referrals to “other agencies.” This means that Planned Parenthood referred only one adoption for every 160 abortions they reported performing. In addition, that number also indicates that adoption referrals were only a tiny fraction of a percentage (.000021405) of their overall “services.”
Another shocking fact released in the report was that while Planned Parenthood’s total assets are $1,789.5 million and revenue totaled $1291.1 million, the U.S. tax payer was forced to give Planned Parenthood $553.7 million in federal tax dollars an increase of 5% from the previous year’s grant of $528.4. This amount makes the U.S. government the largest single contributor to the abortion clinic chain among the categories they listed, totally 43% of their overall revenue. In addition, the amount given to Planned Parenthood from the taxpayer breaks down to over $151 million TAX dollars a DAY annually.
As usual, the report listed several things the largest chain of abortion clinics boasted about including the following:
- This fall, a Planned Parenthood health center delivered birth control via float plane to a patient in a remote Alaskan village.
- Our advocacy efforts never slow down. We are constantly working hard to deepen our partnerships with allies, lobby in state legislatures, and fight in the courts when access to safe and legal abortion is threatened.
- No parent in the world wants their daughter to have fewer rights than they did — so it’s up to us to make sure every girl growing up today will be able to control her body, her life, and her opportunities. Because of you, we are protecting her future.
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) supports 59 independently incorporated affiliates that operate 661 health centers across the U.S., which have seen 2.5 million patients this year.
- We protected and expanded access to abortion.
- We advocated for Congress to reject a ban on abortion at 20 weeks because while women should not have to justify their personal medical decisions…
What was missing in Planned Parenthood’s report this year, as in past years, was any mention of the numbers of mammograms that Planned Parenthood performed. This is because, as Live Action has detailed before, despite their slick and deceptive marketing, Planned Parenthood does NOT perform mammograms.
Also missing was any mention of their gruesome baby harvesting operation. Under cover videos released earlier this year from the Center for Medical Progress showed high ranking Planned Parenthood staffers haggling over the price of the body parts of the babies they aborted. The videos horrified many Americans who called for Congress to defund Planned Parenthood. But, Congress has failed to pull the millions of dollars they send to Planned Parenthood, despite the fact that the majority of Americans favor taking funding away from Planned Parenthood and redirecting it to comprehensive health care clinics… which actually outnumber Planned Parenthood clinics by a margin of 20 to 1.