Pro-life cease and desist letter demands Planned Parenthood prez apologize and retract accusations of violence

The national pro-life group, Operation Rescue said that “Cease and Desist letters” are going out to Planned Parenthood CEO Cecile Richards and ABC News on behalf of their president Troy Newman seeking an apology and retraction of, “false, defaming statements made by Richards during an interview that aired on the July 26 edition of This Week with George Stephanopoulus.

Cecile Richards George STeph Planned Parenthood

According to the group, Richards attacked Newman and wrongly accused him of being “behind” acts of violence, including “the bombing of clinics, the murder of doctors in their homes, and in their churches.”

troy newman

“I cannot stand by while Planned Parenthood’s Cecile Richards and ABC News air false allegations against me that are now being repeated as fact in numerous news sources. I have never condoned violence against abortion providers or businesses and Richards’ patently false statements against me must be retracted,” said Newman.

Below is the ABC interview with Cecile Richards:

A press release from Operation Rescue states:

    Operation Rescue began as a peaceful protest movement that engaged in non-violent civil disobedience at abortion facilities. Since then, under Newman’s leadership, Operation Rescue has evolved into a well-respected watchdog group that focuses on documenting and reporting substandard and unlawful practices within the abortion industry and seeking enforcement of existing abortion laws.

Operation Rescue Planned Parenthood cease decist letter

The demand letter, sent by Operation Rescue’s Chief Counsel, Brian Chavez-Ochoa, stated that Richards’ statements on the ABC News show hosted by George Stephanopoulus were “reckless and malicious. Its reckless and malicious conduct gives rise to substantial liability for defamation.”

The interview was prompted by the release of undercover videos made by the Center for Medical Progress that show evidence of Planned Parenthood’s involvement in the illegal selling of aborted baby remains. Newman appears to have been targeted by Richards because he serves as a Board Member for the Center for Medical Progress.

The videos also show evidence that Planned Parenthood’s abortionists illegally alter abortion procedures to ensure that marketable organs are protected during the abortion process.

The pro-life group continued saying:

    At least one video describes the use of the banned Partial Birth Abortion method in which living babies are extracted from the birth canal and killed before they can be fully birthed. This gives rise to concerns that some of the babies have been born alive then killed for their organs, which can fetch hundreds of thousands of dollars for Planned Parenthood affiliates.

ABC Cease Decist letter Planned Parenthood troy newman

Planned Parenthood is lashing out and trying to deflect from their own appalling and allegedly illegal behavior by attacking me. With ongoing criminal investigations in at least 11 states, Planned Parenthood is desperate to change the subject. I cannot allow Richards to make statements that damage my good name just so she can shift public attention away from what is really going on inside her abortion clinics,” said Newman.

Last week, the National Abortion Federation (NAF) was granted a preliminary injunction against the Center for Medical Progress in an attempt to silence the pro-life group from releasing more damming video evidence of a possible illegal baby parts business.

A temporary restraining order has also been granted to Stem Express, the tissue procurement company used by Planned Parenthood.

Both orders are temporary as parties prepare to make their case for or against them before a judge in the near future.

The latest transcripts released by the Center for Medical Progress revealed that Planned Parenthood was using aborted baby parts for humanized mice research.

The use of aborted baby parts implanted in animals is not new and the gruesome experimentation has been documented on this blog here.

2 Responses to “Pro-life cease and desist letter demands Planned Parenthood prez apologize and retract accusations of violence”

  1. It is time the pro-abortion leaders know that they do not have a “free ticket” to attack the reputations and activities of any Pro-Life group or individual with such scurrilous accusations.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: